Sunday, October 14, 2007

Verse of the week

I am very excited that tomorrow is the day I get to go to the Covered Bridge Festival! I look forward to this day all year. Many of the shops and booths carry crafts that you can find in many other shops but you always have those few places that have unique, homemade items you can't find anywhere else. Those are my favorites. Of course, I'll be on the lookout for any unique "sheep" collectibles...maybe I'll even find another weird tree.

My verse this week is not about sheep, lambs, shepherds or flocks but it is one of my favorite passages in the Bible. The preacher was using scripture from Titus this morning in his sermon and as I was reading over this scripture, I decided it would be the verse of the week...hope you enjoy

Verse of the week:
Titus 2:11-14
For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope-the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

No comments: