Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Verse of the week




Finally, I have started a new project on my loom. It has sat empty since last winter. I have only just learned to weave so I had a hard time remembering exactly how to dress the loom. It took me 3 tries to wind the warp correctly on the warping board. Once I finally mastered that, I got as far as inserting the lease sticks and just went blank. I sat and stared at the loom for about an hour, trying this and trying that, looking at my books. I finally conceeded defeat and called the lady who taught me how last Fall. She was very nice and walked me through it. I took thses pictures so I would remember the steps next time. It is the largest thing I have attempted so far. It will be a cotton, silk 24 x 72 shawl. I wanted to do something larger than the scarves I have done previously. I'm waiting now for help winding it onto the back beam. I need someone to hold it tight in the front while I wind it. Hopefully one of the kids will help me out this evening. Here is the verse of week...hope you enjoy.




Verse of the week:

Psalm 37:3-6

Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.



No comments: