Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Verse of the Week

I have my own little sheep room in my basement. It is just big enough for my loom, a small cabinet for storage and my computer desk. I have a small collection of "sheepy stuff". I like finding a piece here and there and adding to my collection gradually. One of my favorite things is this quirky sheep tree. I bought it at the Covered Bridge Festival last October. I had seen these willow trees in several shops but never with sheep on them! I have to tell you, this tree was a great source of amusement to my children and husband. Their amusement is actually the reason I now have my sheep basement room. I brought home my sheep tree and was so excited to find just the right spot in my kitchen for it. After their "amusement" at my tree got really OLD...I marched my sheep tree to the basement and set it on this shelf my daughter made for me. I have added a few more items to the shelf and when I look at it..well..it makes me smile.


Here is the verse of the week...hope you enjoy
John 10:27
"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.."

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I LOVE your little sheep nook! I think I've seen -- and wanted -- that Wooly Sheep plaque somewhere. I keep my eyes open for sheepy treasures, but so far haven't been willing to spend the money for the things I've liked. But I HAVE been blessed by sweet sheepy gifts from friends, so I do have a tiny 'collection' of my own. :-)

I also love your 'verse of the week;' thank-you for sharing them. I read yours this morning and prayed that my ears would be open to my shepherd's voice, and that (unlike my own sheep sometimes!) I will be willing to follow Him wherever He leads me.