Friday, June 11, 2010

The beginnings of a coop

It's amazing what you can create from stuff you already have lying around the farm.  Granted, I was starting out with an existing "sheep shed"   My husband built me these little sheds for pastures that don't have access to our barn several years ago.  They have really come in  handy and now one of them will become a chicken coop!



I still have quite a few fencing issues to deal with but I just couldn't believe what a difference a coat of paint and a new front door made!  We also cut circulation vents in the back of the shed and covered them with mesh screens.  Not quite ready for chickens yet but getting close.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

VERY nice! I'm envious of how sweet it looks. I built my coop from the ground up and it has been solid over the years. It needs some refurbishing and pretty-ing up though and I need to build a pen that is varmit proof so that if I need to be away I won't have to worry about getting home to put the girls up. They free range with the sheep during the day, but it would be nice to have the option if needed to be away to keep them up.
Tammy