Monday, October 1, 2007

Another Weird Tree


Once a year, a friend of mine and I go to the Covered Bridge Festival in Indiana. It is a huge event in this area for anyone who loves crafts. There are several ( I forget how many) old covered bridges scattered throughout the area and the festival is scattered out as well. It is not possible to see it all in one day but I am grateful I am able to get away for a day and see as much of it as I can. Our day this year is coming up soon...Oct. 15th!!! It made me think of all the things I have purchased there over the years. I usually try to get a little Christmas shopping done while there but inevitably, I buy something for my house. It is simply too hard to resist.
I dug out my Fall decorations and thought I would share this picture of another one of my "weird trees" I brought home from there. It has pumpkins (not sheep) on a gnarled tree and I just love it.
I love Fall and am ready for some cooler temps here. We are still having mid 80's and absolutely NO rain. I think I have lost 3 trees this summer due to the lack of rain. It hasn't done much for my pastures either!

No comments: