Monday, August 27, 2007

Verse of the Week


Early mornings have become one of my favorite times of the day. Before I feed the animals, I take Lucy out to walk the pasture and let her spend time with the sheep. When I open the gate to the pasture, the sheep form this single file line and follow me and Lucy. Once they branch out and start grazing, Lucy makes her way to each one to say hello. She still wants to lick their faces and bite on their ears which is a no no. The lambs are in love with Lucy. They sleep beside her pen in the barn and tolerate her puppiness very well. Isn't it funny how these little things give us the most pleasure in life? Here is the verse of the week...hope you enjoy it.
John 10: 7-10
"I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep. All who came before me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out and find pasture."

No comments: