Saturday, June 23, 2007

SO GOOD TO BE HOME


What a great week we had in the mountains of North Carolina. There were over 70 high schoolers at our mission site. We worked with Habitat for Humanity, painted and cleaned for several individuals at their homes and helped with a kids club for the area children. I had a great time but it is so good to be home. I missed the others in my family, my sheep, and I most certainly missed my bed and getting a good night sleep! I slept on air mattresses with teenage girls all week, so as you can imagine, not much sleeping but a whole lot of giggling and talk of boys went on! This picture doesn't do the mountains justice but it was taken with a disposable camera. The Youth Works staff said there would be 5000 kids in various sites around the country each week this summer. That is an awesome number of youth willing to take a week of their summer to help others!

No comments: