Friday, April 30, 2010

It's hard being three

It has always been hard to find someone to shear my sheep. They have to drive 1 1/2 - 2 hours to get here and I only had 15-20 sheep. Well, imagine how hard it is to find somebody to come for only 3 sheep! The word impossible comes to mind. I would have just sheared them myself but my clippers are not working. That is actually a bit of an understatement. They go flying into about 8 pieces every time I turn them on. Luckily, I found a family about 40 miles away who had a shearer coming to their farm this week. So, we loaded into the goat tote and with a great sigh of relief, got the job done. I was feeling a bit guilty about how crowded they were until I put them back in the tote to come home.

Plenty of room now! I love this little tote. It is just perfect for a few sheep. I had to take my son to school with the sheep in tow. Lucky for him, I couldn't maneuver thru the school traffic and had to let him off down the road a bit. They say it's hard to look cool with sheep in your back seat!

Here is Lucy.....kind of guarding the sheep. You might remember I had trouble with her hurting the lambs. She has been permanently removed from the pastures. She roams the yard and about 2 square miles around our house. She digs under any fence, walks right thru our electric fence and so I gave up. It is actually working out great. I still have a great guard dog and she gets to roam the open range!

No comments: