Wednesday, February 20, 2008

LUCY!!!

My last post mentioned that Lucy was an 85 pound sweetheart.....well.....I'm not calling her a sweetheart today!! This is the second heated bucket she has destroyed. These things are $60 each! I can't even imagine how she is managing to turn them around to even get to the cord. They are very heavy when full and I do keep them full. Anyway, I have put the new cord in a pvc pipe and rigged it so that she hopefully wont be able to get to it. I'm suprised she didn't get shocked. She doesn't even look guilty..well, maybe a little.
I know she is probably bored. I don't spend as much time out there when it is this cold. I have to make myself stay and pet her for a while when I go feed. Guess I need to spend a little more time out there. She has some massive chew toys but I guess the big green one looked better to her!
I also need to go out to the barn more often...there might be a baby soon. There are 2 girls who could go soon but they really don't look ready yet. I'm starting to think about names already. Last year my kids wanted to do a Disney theme. I don't know if I will go with a theme this year or not. Maybe since it is an election year, I could go with former president's names? Maybe Clinton for the frisky ram lamb? I might be onto something here..will have to give it more thought.


1 comment:

Tammy said...

Hmmm.. Do you have an old bucket she could play with? Also is there anyway that you could put the heated bucket outside of the sheep fold and make it where they could only stick their heads half way into it? I know its frustrating when the pups or kittens OR yearling sheep have so much pent up energy and they end up doing something destructive. Maybe Spring will just come soon and we won't have to worry about such things! ;-)
Tammy