Thursday, October 4, 2007

Verse of the week



I searched and searched and finally found a Bible verse that not only referenced sheep but the harvest as well.

The fields around us have all been cut...the harvest is in. It makes me kind of sad to see all the corn cut. It is kind of like my own big fence. When it is gone, the prarie looks deserted to me, the winds blow more freely and it feels less private than before. I am however thankful for the different seasons. What an awsome creation God made for us. Each season has its own beauty to look forward to. Fall seems to be the most vibrant to me. I am always amazed by the colors, especially when the sun hits a maple tree just right.....amazing. My God is an awsome God..(one of my favorite songs).

Here is the verse of the week...hope you enjoy it.

Verse of the week:

Mattew 9: 35-38

Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field."

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That's one of my favorite songs, too. It often gives me little shivers down my spine, acknowledging Him like that!