Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Country life + Technology does not = Love


Well after only 2 weeks my Internet is back up. Living in the middle of nowhere....well, there is no place I would rather live....but....our options for Internet service is limited to Direcway/HughesNet and they STINK!!!!!
That being said...it has been an incredibly busy few weeks. We took my daughter to college last weekend . I actually handled it better than I thought I would. I woke up early to go feed the animals since I knew we would be home late that evening. I had a good cry with my sheep and Lucy. I started thinking of all the mothers in this world who are facing horrible things with their children and how lucky I am that my kids are safe, healthy and my daughter has this incredible opportunity before her. I have prayed and I have prayed for her safety, for the right roommate, safety, her to make good friends, safety, well, you get the picture. I have to let it go and trust God. He always works things out the way they should be even if it is not how I think it should be. Well I wont dwell on that anymore. As Forrest would say.....that's all I have to say about that.
Lucy is growing so fast. My son still begs to take her in the house to stay. Right now I am wishing she was already grown and ready to patrol. I went out to feed this evening and I noticed movement on the far end of the fence row...I couldn't tell if it was a coyote or a dog. Probably a dog but a stray for sure. I put everyone up for the night but I can't quit thinking about it. It ran into the corn when it saw me. I made everyone as safe as I can for the night. I sure hope it is enough.









2 comments:

Michelle said...

Welcome back to blogland; we've missed you! I'm out in the country, too, but a local company has made fixed wireless available so I have "high speed" now. It's so nice to be able to send files back and forth to clients and printers instead of having to mail CDs.

sheila said...

Thanks Michelle....hey, did you notice anything different?