Thursday, June 14, 2007

Heading off for a mission trip

My two teenage daughters and I will be leaving for a mission trip with our church youth group. We will be gone for a little over a week. So as you can imagine my week has been crazy trying to get everything ready. We have gone on a couple of these and it is always so good for us. We come back feeling very thankful for all we have and with a renewed sense of wanting to help and serve others.
I have been trying to make reading my bible at night a habit. I know that sounds bad...like I have to make myself, but I guess that is the truth. It is usually been a long day and I just want to get to bed and let's face it..it is hard to imagine that stuff that happened all those years ago pertains to us..but I know it does. So, I started thinking about how God often talks about us being his sheep and He the shepherd watching over his flock. I looked it up and to the best of my knowledge, the Bible mentions the words: sheep, shepherd(s), flock and lamb(s) 96 times!!!! Now I looked them all up...really. I also had a blast doing it.. so I thought maybe once a week, I would share one of the verses with you. I hope you enjoy it..

Verse of the week: I Peter 5:2-4

Be shepherds of God's flock that is under your care, serving as overseers - not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve; not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock. And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.

Talk to you all in a week!!

No comments: